Remote Administration of Microsoft Azure Websites using IIS Manager
Recently, we have added the ability for customers to administer their Azure web sites using the IIS administration console that comes with Windows. IIS Manager has HTTP over SSL support to provide a secure Connection to your Windows Azure Website, and the configuration you set will be set in the site’s web.config file directly. Using INETMGR for this gives the following benefits:
- A familiar user interface for website administrator
- Easier to use than editing web.config manually (especially for some complex options like URL rewrite rules)
- Reduce the risk of syntax or formatting errors common with editing web.config directly
- On Window client OS – IIS Manager for Remote Administration
- On Windows Server – Make sure you have installed IIS Management Console.
- Refer to step 6 in http://www.iis.net/learn/install/installing-iis-7/installing-iis-on-windows-vista-and-windows-7 – “IIS Management Console” is the required feature.
Steps for connecting to a Windows Azure Website
1. Run IIS Manager with remote administration and select the option Connect to a site…
Obtaining or resetting your deployment credentials